5 Amazing Beach Vacation Destinations in Mexico
Mexico offers a wide variety of beaches and vacation options to travelers. Often it is difficult to decide which vacation destination to visit first because the options are seemingly endless. Here are 5 of the most amazing beach vacation destinations in Mexico to help you narrow down your search. Each of these locations boasts outstanding amenities, pristine beaches, as well as a variety of unique activities and attractions.
- The first beach destination many people think of is Cancun. While the location is infamous for being a spring break hang out, the island actually has so much more to offer and is a surprisingly great spot for all vacationers, and even for families! Cancun is jam packed with every attraction or convenience you can imagine. The beach is spectacular especially after the beach reconstruction project, which was completed in 2010. In addition, there are tons of restaurants and shops in Cancun and the nightlife atmosphere is one of a kind. All visitors can find the perfect way to kick back and relax in style while visiting Cancun.
- Another top notch Mexican beach location is Playa del Carmen. Once a small fishing village with a laid-back hippie vibe, the area has undergone a complete transformation and is now much more attractive to tourists and vacationers providing visitors with all the amenities they could ever need. Today the location offers a more upscale, city-like vibe. You can get a laid back, relaxed experience for family trips or you may choose a more upscale and sophisticated experience with fine dining and luxury accommodations depending on your needs and preferences.
- Puerto Vallarta was made famous by Hollywood stars like Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor in the 60′s. Today the city still entices visitors with its glamour and class, and so it is a very popular beach location. Areas in town like Bahia de Bandera are home to fantastic scenery and historical elements with signature red-tiled roofs and old-fashioned cobblestone streets, making this location one of a kind. Puerto Vallarta is also known by foodies for its out of this world traditional cuisine and gourmet restaurants.
- For a unique beach experience, Cozumel is the place to go. Cozumel is an island that is often a destination of many cruise ships. Plus, Cozumel has ideal conditions for scuba diving and water activities, attracting many adventure seekers, year after year. The water is a clear, turquoise shade with multiple coral reefs to explore in the warm waters. This Caribbean island also has many nature preserves for the animal and outdoors lover such as the Cozumel Reefs National Park and many others.
- Finally, Mazatlan is an ideal location to visit for an authentic Mexican experience. Mazatlan exudes the traditional Mexican culture providing visitors with a cultural and historical experience unlike any other. It is often known to be a first-class sport fishing local. In addition, visitors can enjoy other activities like water sports, riding hoses, and relaxing on miles and miles of flawless beaches.
Mexican beaches like Mazatlan, Cozumel, or Playa del Carmen, offer vacationers an unforgettable experience with breathtaking sceneries. To find great accommodations you can explore villa options on VillaExperienceMexico.com, or you can look into other high end options such as luxury hotels or family friendly resorts. No matter the experience you are searching for, you will be able to find it in Mexico.